Saturday 25 July 2009

Summers at OAT



This was written by me on 6th of July, but I was not able to post it due to my busy travel schedules and lack of resources.
So finally my summer internship at One Associates Technologies Pvt Ltd is over. So I thought I must share my experience. OAT is a small startup by Mr. Neeraj Kapoor (an IT BHU alumnus) and Mr. Himanshu Singh (IIT Kanpur alumnus). The company provides services in the mobile technology and web development. During my two months internship I got opportunity to work on some very exciting projects. My first project was the promotional website of motion picture Damage (http://www.damagethemovie.com) starring Stone Cold Steve Austin. The movie is scheduled to be released in January 2009. Working on this was fun for a Stone Cold fan like me , I loved this project.
My second assignment was corporate website of OAT itself (http://www.one-associates.com) this project was not that engrossing as the previous one but I enjoyed doing it. Both websites were made using ASP .NET with client side scripting using EMCA.I even designed this logo which is now official logo of OAT.
Then temporarily I was on a project of website for Nasser Entertainment (http://www.moviesfortv.com) , but I requested the company to move me from this project to some other where I could get greater opportunity to learn. So I was assigned the project of CRM application for a leading organization in India. This was a SOA based SaaS which was developed right from scratch by me and Vidit bhaiya. The best was part was that we worked on a very new technology and in a live project all by ourselves with liberty to make slightest decision by ourselves. And at the end we got the opportunity to meet the client for demo of software. This was the bumper bonus because that was great experience to actually present your software’s demo to client.
So overall I had a great experience at my summers. With an expenditure of around 10k which includes local site seeing and attending AR Rahman live in concert ,this was not a bad deal !!

No comments: